Word Whispereer

Thursday, January 10, 2013

" Unstoppable Dawn "



This is a poem written for those of us that suffer from imperfections ...  Never give up no matter how dark your world becomes ...  Look out for the spirit of love shining it's light,  it is always darkest before the dawn ...


Unstoppable Dawn


Caution signs flash a yellow warning light
At the crossroads of an enigma’s 
individual mind
The secret code is not always vivid
Through the fog of sleepless eyes, feeling all alone

By that time it’s too late to stop the fall
The runaway train has left the tracks
Leaving a path of damage and self destruction
In the wake of the aftermath

A life long vicious circle
Where the record player repeats the same ol’ song
It skips on the same flaw of imperfection
Stuck in a moment ... without playing the music on

The circle spins unbroken
Life teeters on a high wire’s threads
Balance hanging by a shoestring
That often becomes undone

You can push me into cold, turbulent waters
But you cant push me over the brink
You can’t pull me down under
You’ll never see me crawl or hear me beg

There’s a word whispered in my breathe each morning
As darkness fades with the dawning morn
I can still see you watching me from the corner of your eyes,
"See me still standing here ... world !"

" I’m unstoppable as the rising sun "...


Harlon Rivers…January 10th, 2013

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so beautifully written as always.. the triumph of the human spirit as always a beautiful thing to behold.. like the rising sun..

olla