Word Whispereer

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Broken Arrow




Some things we learn so slowly... Some things we never learn... Some things we learn the hard way... The only way to survive a broken heart is to leave Cupid's broken arrow and hope it heals with a scar before it drips and drains all remaining life from your heart...



The spell was cast by memory
With the wanderlust of a rolling stone
Traces of broken dream’s dust and ashes
Fell like love cast out with a claustrophobic moan
A broken heart could not convince me
Every heart has not a home

 A lonely sailor, banished, cast out for the final voyage
Into a world without an island to feel a tranquil peace
Born of mother earth, into a race where faded memories were erased
Journeying out into an unknown raging sea, before learning to walk the land
Dreams of some lost abandoned safe haven, an illusion
Welcoming shorelines were never discovered by this soulful man

A world where what’s lost is rarely found
Where square pegs never fit the round 
When the die is cast from molten life
It cools and forms flesh and bone
Insignificance, abandoned, left feeling like a heart without a home
In the end the faded memory is chiseled and scribed on some forgotten mossy stone.

In a distance I hear the eerie silence
The ship's final soul has sailed on a windless sea
Drifting infinite fathoms, the icon of a loveless being, another random lifetime lived, 
like a lonely sunken ship of treasures, lost in the darkness undersea.
I’ll walk another endless mile always knowing,
there will never be a home for my heart in the world ahead of me.

Reborn into a world where every passing thought becomes a fading dream
Love may be the last gasping breath left unbreathed
Belonging is a walking contradiction of my self esteem
Oh! heart and soul be set free...
Exhausted and weary of struggles, forsaken by gravity
No longer resisting the absolute surrender, the final choice that sets your soul free...

© 2012 Harlon Rivers… September 27th, 2012







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the future is pregnant with possibilities.. we cannot know what may be waiting ahead for us.. we cannot know how many hearts may hold us dear.. unless we keep our own hearts open..your words have touched me once again..



olla

Unknown said...

What I liked: continuity through-out the stanza

May I Suggest: Insignificance, abandoned: you change it to either insignificant or abandonment.

May I say:
I’ll walk another endless mile always knowing,
there will never be a home for my heart in the world ahead of me.
--Perhaps your heart has found a home in many a friend or stranger that you've touched with your kindness and talents. Just because your heart doesn't reside in the chest of a lover doesn't mean it hasn't found a home.

What is the final choice that sets your heart free?

Harlon Rivers said...

Thank you for reading a rather deeply emotional write for me...We truly cannot begin to know what lies ahead...I have never done well with disappointments or starting over. I need to take full ownership of too high of expectations at this point in life…When relationship expectations are set unrealistically high I stop resisting intinct to maintain selfpreservation…the trap is set to catch yourself and we have no one to blame but ourselves. The only way to stop the cycle is to set boundaries or accepting that this man was born a square peg in a round hole world and just let it go. I just can't do human perimeter fortress private refuge...You cannot defy gravity nor fate. I accept the later and that is what this poem is about. I will choose a solo exsistence of solitude over boundaries that are nothing more than walls...I just can't do it...If nothing else, being true to yourself is something to be. Maybe that's a home for the heart...

This isn’t new, I wish it were, as it was spawned as a young child in a less than supportive environment. You know they say your personality is formed by 3 years old. What few people admit is that family interaction, or lack of it, that goes on during the pre teen years casts much of how you react emotionally through life in stone. At least it did in my case. Our ability to love and be loved is learned. I just feel like? Well, I think I said it in “Broken Arrow.” Where the feeling of frustration evolves from is in my mind. No one did anything to me…it is all egoic perception…
Like I said above: Some things we learn so slowly... Some things we never learn... Some things we learn the hard way...

This is cathartic writing without boundaries.

What is the final choice that sets your heart free? Perhaps that’s another write because that is not the kind of thing to be answered here…