Word Whispereer

Monday, August 20, 2012

Dreaming Out Loud


Peaceful silence is exhaled in a sigh of unspoken sorrow...


Peaceful silence is exhaled
in a sigh of unspoken sorrow
Just a step away from love
Surrendering to unspoken thoughts
of a vanishing enchantment

 Dreaming out loud for the asking
Trying to bring back tomorrow
before the vivid dream
of dust to diamonds
no longer shines

Ungrounded surrender yields
to wanderlust tomorrows
Time won’t stand still to opine
While a rolling stone gathers no moss
rolling on through time

Love 's unearthed and nurtured significance
 buds in the garden of the heart and soul
Hope's blooms are rooted deeply within
the inner core of new beginnings
The spirit within our soul won't stand still
and watch the heart unravel

In the midst of quiet hesitation
Bewildered by over anxious, 
unrealistic emotional expectations
while dreaming recklessly out loud
about blossoming new beginnings,
Frustration left me awake and stranded in the dawn...


© 2012 Harlon Rivers 

2 comments:

Harlon Rivers said...

I’ve always thought it was good to have undiscoverable traits…Some times writing is so personal you just can’t let go of the true meanings but feel the need to say it out loud.…However many times it’s very complex and there are many meanings. I’m breaking my own rules because this piece may be too deep. Before I take it down I thought I would at least say what I was thinking about…like there is a need to be transparent about a poem that took 15 minutes to write.

I was just thinking about what the silence that stirs emotion inside us is and how it gets out without causing an exposition from within if we stay bottled up inside....Things we think but never say. How we release sounds, like sighs or moans or just loudly exhale way more than just used breath in place of words to release emotion. Even tears of joy or sadness achieve a release of sorts. When we do dream out loud by expressing our fantasy, it’s often misunderstood or even too inappropriate for timid reality...We only allow word nuggets out that only hint subtly or tease for fear of rejection if the truth be known.

There is one thing consistent about day dreams, night dreams or anytime dreams...the innermost thoughts that cause them do not need to be reality based but many times are; even though at times dreams are attainable, by dream believers but for other personally known reasons they cannot come true. Those dreams can vanish because of our own suppression...It's not giving up, it is just a way for a dreamer to relieve personal emotional suffering and accept reality. That's what is meant by dreaming recklessly out loud...I talk too much at times and definitely dreams out loud too often. Can we be honest to a fault?

I had a potential friend once who I couldn't trust because she was playing both ends against the middle constantly. I could see that any relationship other than casual friends was impossible because she had "traveling on her mind constantly" (wanderlust) only allowing me so close while that bee flew from flower to flower tasting the nectar. And yet I was intrigued by how special she was and totally infatuated like most others in her life. I just figured it out on day and gave up on the dream…Really I knew from our first chance meeting that the relationship was what it was and treated it that way but at the end of the day/night…”While dreaming recklessly out loud about blossoming new beginnings, it left me awake and stranded in the dawn”…Reality...what a concept...

Anonymous said...

I am not sure which was the better read..your poem is wonderful as always.. your words always touch me in unexpected way.. but your commentary was equally as touching.. thank you for both.. it is a gift to be allowed to see a bit of the man behind the words.. and I shall treasure it..

olla