Word Whispereer

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Lifetime of Dreams


Is it loneliness and desperation that creates the desire to be held in a lover's grasp…unconditionally… eternally?    Dreaming of the need of surrendering completely to love is love...There is no greater force.   

A poem by Harlon Rivers





My heart beats so loudly within my quivering chest

I look around to see if anyone else
notices the apparent body tremors
Their deafening sound over powers my emotions
A tempest of overwhelming loneliness
floods altered consciousness
I feel the earth moving beneath
the polished cut stone floor

Nervous tension is exhaled as a sigh
into the candlelit, perfume scented air
So thick you could cut it with a knife.
It seems as though the wine in my glass
moves mystically like the storming seas
as the glass stands untouched on the table.
Out of the corner of my glancing eyes,
lovers have embraced across the room
after a romantic passionate slow dance.
I did not look away
I feel visibly shaken and ashamed
for dreaming about their ardent moment

Sensuality awakened, raw yearning totally exposed,
my vulnerable demure is naked
and yet reserved, shamelessly hungry
for love’s enchanting fusion
The trap was set and tripped
the voyeur the only victim uncovered
spellbound on the threshold of a my silent reverie
Lonely, feeling trapped,
awaiting the final merciful surrender to love…

“Oh love, your past memory leads me on
Set me free from the lingering seasons that haunt me
Unchain my unhealed heart
Heal the scars from the ties that bound me
Allow me to come alive again and drink from love’s cup.
Take me to your secret garden
Reveal,  sincerely,  your most intimate secrets
Inhale every breath of my heart and soul
Complete me… allowing us to thrive wholeheartedly,
abundantly living,  each and every precious moment spent together”…

Is it too much to dream to desire to be held infinitely?
As if there was no other soul to love in the universe?
Is it desperation that creates the desire
to be held in your lover's grasp?
…unconditionally… eternally
I will sacrifice all that is me
I will surrender a lifetime of dreams
To walk hand and hand
these final miles as one love…

© 2012 Harlon Rivers 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

damn...

olla