Word Whispereer

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Blood Out of A Stone


He knew he would never suffer from the madness they perceive...It’s easy to look the other way when you’re blinded by what you see...while crawling, with eyes wide open, through a world of make believe...

A poem by Harlon Rivers






What is the song that the moon sings?

In the silence of the night
Is it the sound of a heart breaking?
Or the mournful moanings 
from a disregarded shadow,
standing down on bended knees, 
Alone...

No one ever thought they would hear
a shadow screaming 
at the moonlit night!
No one gave it a second thought...
Never bothered to ponder
the unknown reasons for the thoughts.

He knew he would never suffer
from the madness they perceive
It’s easy to look the other way
when you’re blinded by what you see
while crawling, eyes barely open, 
through a world of make believe.

I don’t disrespect honest disbelief,
when the flame burns brilliantly high.
Awakening revelations rise like heat
An impossible unseen illusion
for those who block 
their own light

Just a dormant inconvenience  
waiting for the whole thing to blow apart
A subtle unnoticed interruption 
Immerging from the vanishing shadows
A free spirited soul life filled with love...

Perpetuating blood out of a stone

© 2012 Harlon Rivers 

3 comments:

Squeaker said...

Harlon, you have and do amaze me with your writings...you have such a wonderful talent...I believe, anyone that reads your writings are and have and will be blessed...What a wonderful piece...love the photo...
In the silence of the night
Is it the sound of a heart breaking?
Or the mournful moanings
from a disregarded shadow
standing down on bended knees
Alone...
To me this stanza alone describes the photo perfectly...Well done my friend

Harlon Rivers said...

Thanks so much for speaking up Squeaker...it honestly means a lot to know somebody out there is listening. I try to be honest and write about what I am feeling in the moment...It's great you have been reading along and I hope you'll keep doing that because I plan on it. It's not likely known but I am recovering from surgery on a severely torn rotator cuff and I am just beginning to relearn typing with more that my left hand for the past 5 & 1/2 months...of course I'm right handed...There is still a hard road ahead and some of my writing reflects that journey since in injury last March. Great to meet you Squeaker and please come back again...

Anonymous said...

I keep coming back.. I love you thoughts of the moment..

olla