Word Whispereer

Monday, December 22, 2014

"I can still feel you without touching"




It came as no surprise
when you stepped back
from the edge ,
away from an enigma's inception
on the cusp of a blissful dream ;
fraught by the serendipity
of what might happen ,
revealing
the hidden treasures denied
Wanting what was Taken
far more than
what could ever be Given

Beheld tantalizingly
in an admiring strangers’ eyes ;
if you want me to look away ,
I can still see you
without watching
Helpless to see
for the fog in my eyes ,
feeling you
tauntingly letting go
without jumping

Maybe it was your dream
            or ..,
maybe it was mine
Sensing whether
to stay or go
amounted to the same thing ;
the world gets small
hanging on to the ledge - -

on the verge at the threshold
... there are no maps
    to guide you
... I’ll have to pay
    for what you break ...
Now these indelible footprints
amble across my heart ,
leaving only the traces
- the passing of love

Insensibility sighs
like paltry subterfuge
looking down here ,
flauntingly ,
from a faux higher ground
Whispering through the silence
from your secret places
    knowing ..,
I can hear you
without listening

Be it so ,
wherever you go ,
- be the love
  you wish to receive
- love is  -
- touching souls -
even if only - -  for a conscious moment ...

Diminish not
the power
of unrequited dreams
while looking over the edge
expecting to fly ..,
just a step away
from touching hearts


            yet ..,
I can still feel you
without touching


harlon rivers © December 21st, 2014

No comments: