Word Whispereer

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Finding "Too Misunderstood"



A narrative free form prose poem about the many crossroads of our journeys… when all purpose seems “Too Misunderstood”...

Stopping here during an injury last March of 2012, for a respite from a long journey, has been an important crossroad for personal evolution but there is much to do before peaceful balance is restored.   

…if a tree falls in the forest, does anybody hear?   Photo Harlon Rivers 


Here is the link to another chapter of this poetry blog... or the right hand sidebar domino photo link for "Diary of the Falling Dominoes"...

 It is my story of an unfinished life...  
Finding "Too Misunderstood" ----->http://melancholyrivers.blogspot.com/2012/11/finding-too-misunderstood.html

The late Kate Wolf wrote a song years ago that is ruminating constantly though my head and heart. "Unfinished Life"   These lyrics seem to be never ending at the moment...

"It's an Unfinished life that I now find lies before me.
An open ended dream and I don't want to wake. 
Its a journey with my soul that I am taking. 
One that only goes from the cradle to the grave."...Kate Wolf 1942-1986

Time has come to continue a journey with my soul by getting away from the daily  influence of the internet hamster wheel...I am a simple country boy that needs dirt under my fingernails to feel whole, instead of this keyboard with worn off letters.  There must be a balance somewhere in between I have been unable to find.    I have the need to feel the  spirituality of the earth beneath my feet... 


I will still document my journey through creative writing, posting when it feels right.  Although I feel productive now, I feel like I am going around in circles chasing my own tail, never really evolving out of a continuous repetitive cycle... Just when I feel like I am on the cliff edge of real change, ready to step off in a leap of faith and fly, something happens... When I think I am progressing in forward motion, I realize I am right back on that hamster wheel running in place in a mind made cage... chasing an unattainable,  imaginary carrot at the end of invisible puppet strings... 


I need people in the here and now...until I get off this treadmill, "now" will never happen...there cannot be freedom from unhappiness anytime or anywhere but the present moment...Peace on the Planet.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good for you.. life must be lived.. we can not wait for the sometime later or we will see our life has passed us by.. you will heal and you will become stronger with therapy but not as efficiently as when you add life on life's terms.. it is after all how we are made to begin with..

olla

g-clair said...

agreed. Real people in our lives is important, even if it is just a few honest and peaceful souls who accept you where you are in life and never expect more than you give.