Word Whispereer

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

The ache that shapes the silence




The ache that shapes the silence


Can't you see my walls are crumbling?

I hear the earth thunder beneath time-worn feet

I feel the cold wind blow through cracks in my heart

But no one notices the tears between the raindrops


 Hold on ―
If you love me don’t let go


Hold on ―  
I can't hold onto an empty space and be whole


There's an unmistakable cloud of breath

that drifts away unnoticed,

In the fog no one sees the distance in your eyes

Nor the hovering ache that shapes the reclusive silence

When all I ever wanted ― was just to come in from the cold



harlon rivers ... October ... 2017 ... ©




Last line is a lyric from:                                                                 
Come In From The Cold by Joni Mitchell © 1988, 1991;
 Crazy Crow Music
'Oh and all I ever wanted ― was just to come in from the cold'


No comments: