Word Whispereer

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

"Bury Me Alive"


2012 has been one of those years that I will always remember...a year that I felt I was being "buried alive"...right now it's still one step forward and two steps back without momentum in any direction
...from the "Diary of the Falling Dominoes "



"Bury Me Alive"


I taste the earth in my mouth
as you bury me alive
Emotions buried alive never die

A new dawn was stealing
over the mountain tops
of the distant horizon

But now ethereal shadows fall
as if a Broken Moon
blocked the Sun’s newly rising shine

Once, a ray of hope shown
through the parting clouds
giving birth to a new day

Born of mother earth
she fills the corner of my eyes with dust
while muddy tears chill the diminishing light

Out of the corner of her eyes
she watches the remaining struggle
for the signs of the last remaining sighs

Fearing an earth filled mouth breathes like a tree
rooted deeply in the bed rock of the terrestrial planet 
Silently exhaling essence into other realms

Foot prints on a heart ~
A promise of understanding ...abandoned
Dirt blankets any traces of love left uncovered

I feel the earth in my mouth
as you bury me alive
suffocating slowly…

Breathless…
as darkness temporarily eclipses ... 
~ life ~


Harlon Rivers...December 21th, 2012

No comments: